Wrap up: Miravar 2018

Miravar 2018 has been in a way a gamble on my part, organising with the help of my wife alone a sail and oar raid in our home waters. Logistics, accommodation, itinerary, reservations, tshirts, flags, all was arranged trying to keep things as simple as possible. To be totally honest I haven't felt any burden in doing so, the prospect of having so many boats with so many friends accepting to drive all the way to get here kept my motivation at its highest. With only 3 out of 9 boats being "local", the other 6 participant crews had an average of 800 km distance to drive. All of the crews attending had accepted within the first week (some the very same day) I contacted them with the proposal. The enthusiasm and the energy was paid off with great weather, fantastic locations, and a true collective experience people say will remember fondly for a long time. Personally I have to say that I am very proud of what has been achieved, of the energy and enthusiasm I felt during our fantastic sailing, camping, exploring, experiencing together. This blog will off course stay online to provide photos and videos and memories of the first edition of Miravar. .... stay tuned for Miravar 2019!!!


2 comments:

  1. Lorenzo, Miravar has been a truly amazing experience! With Silvia I enjoyed every minute of every single day, meeting and discovering beautiful persons, admiring impressive little boats and discovering a wonderful arcipelago. We've been lucky with the good weather we had, although every day it was not evident at all, so we had to well plan our course. Morover I discovered the pleasure of "sailing together" in a fleet of dinghies, which adds a great pleasure and means also a much higher safety.
    I've spent last Sunday in cleaning and improving my Mira, dreaming about the "next dinghy gathering". It will come!
    A big thank to you and Astrid who made all this real.
    Enrico&Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://polisportivafranconi.blogspot.com/2018/09/miravar-il-raduno-dinghy-allarcipego.html

    http://polisportivafranconi.blogspot.com/2018/09/miravar-giorno-1-il-vento-nelle-vele.html

    ReplyDelete